Monday, October 4, 2010

Catch-Up Monday

Wow, how did I go for 3 days without turning on the computer?  Happens sometimes, I guess. 

Had a busy weekend here at the homestead - did a LOT of baking!   I love to bake.  I could care less about cooking dinner, but give me a new cookie or cake recipe ... can't wait to jump in!

My favorite of all bakers, Matt and Renato from BAKED in New York, put out a new cookbook last week and my copy arrived Friday!  (thanks Amazon).  I learned about, and from, Matt and Renato at a Sweet Sundays event last year, during the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot.  They put on a 3 hour program in which they prepared 3 different yummy sweets - a cookie, a cake, and a pie.  Not only did I love their food, but I found them both to be very entertaining and relatable.  I bought their first cookbook - BAKED - that day and have made quite a few of the recipes.  

I will tell you now, these are NOT recipes for those watching their weight or calories.  What I really like about their recipes is that, while they contain many steps and ingredients, they aren't difficult.  And unless I've screwed something up myself, they seem to always turn out the way you expect them to.  (not true with all recipe books).

What confectionary delights are in the house this weekend?  Delicious chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate whoopie pie's!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment