Monday, August 30, 2010

Movie Review Monday

Okay, so I didn't watch anything this weekend that struck me as a really good movie.  Some hits and misses.

Disney's Haunted Mansion - yes, it's crap and we all know it, but I wanted to see the set pieces.  And from that point of view, it was a pretty good film.   I give it a D for story, an A- for set pieces and attention to detail.

The Messenger - interesting movie about 2 soldiers assigned to deliver the news to families of fallen soldiers.  It did keep my attention, and the personal struggles the two men go through are valid.  Both actors, Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson, did a good job of portraying their individual issues.  I give it a B.

Another movie I watched yesterday was Toy Story 2.  Yes, we've all seen this one - many times in some cases.  And that's what is so great about this movie.  The story is told so well, and there are so many funny moments - I can watch it over and over again.  And the end credits?  You got to stay for those!   :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kathy! as the weather gets colder I'm sure I'll be watching more movies - I never see movies in the theater - so reviews of movies out on DVD are great!

    ReplyDelete