Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thankful Tuesday

A friend suggested "Thankful Thursday" as a blog topic.   It didn't seem like a topic I'd ever use ... but I am thankful today for several things.

1.  A caring, and compassionate Veterinarian.  A few years ago our dog's Vet retired and a new 'kid' took over.  I wasn't too sure about him - he was so young - but I have grown to really like him.  He seems to truly care about my Buddy, greeting him and talking to him before he talks to me.  Probably the hardest part of their job is dealing with upset owners.  Yesterday, after given a possible diagnosis, I became one of those upset owners.  Our doctor handled it very well, which helped me greatly. 

2.  Coworkers that would rather help you find another job, than lose you completely.  I have a few people that I work with that feel this way.  Things aren't going so well at my job - new management, new philosophies, and I'm feeling that it's time for me to leave my department.  There are a couple of people that I confide in, and they keep their eyes and ears open for opportunities for me.   As much as they don't want me to leave the position I'm in right now, they also don't want me to leave the company. 

3.  The Disney Fan Community.   I am fortuante to have friends all over this country.  I rarely see any of them, but I consider them all to be good friends.  I developed this circle of friends through online Disney fan communities.  You know - forums, podcasts, weekly newsletters, fan websites, etc.  You get involved in conversations, next thing you know you are traveling to places like Orlando or Anaheim to meet up with these people.  Sometimes you plan whole vacations with your "Disney friends".  In fact, I can go to any US Disney park, at any time of year, and run into people that I know.   How cool is that!!

1 comment: