Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Dark Time, the sequel?

I was going to talk about the curiousity that is a Disneyana convention, but my thoughts are being overcome by The Dark Time II.   What's this you say?  Well . . .

Late last summer, a new contractor came in and took over the operations.  While this isn't frequent in my business, it does happen.  A new team comes in with new ideas and plans, and the first year is typically stressful for the incumbent employee.  We don't know their vision, we only know how things worked before them. 

Of the 3 contractor transitions I've been through, this is by far the worst.  Last fall brought extreme deadlines, products that no one really understood, no direction, and long hours.  We even coined a new term - ToT.  Trash on Time.  That month or so is now known as The Dark Time.   Over the past 2 months, we've had indications that we were giong to enter a similar period - unclear deliverables, poor direction, questionable approach, etc.  Yesterday it became pretty clear to me that the shadow is starting to fall over us and the dark is coming, again.

I remember when I liked my job . . . that memory is fading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment