Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dumb luck, good planning, or Disney Magic?

Those that know me well, know that I exist in a rose-colored world.  I try to find the positive in everything, and am quick to forget negative things.  Because, honestly, why would I waste my time and energy on the negative?

I go into every trip with a positive attitude.  But I've found that nearly all of my trips to a Disney destination, whether Florida or California, seem to go better than okay.

Yesterday I flew from Portland Oregon to Long Beach California.  Flight departed and arrived as scheduled.  In fact, my new favorite airline is JetBlue!  This was my first time with JetBlue, and I'm impressed.  No charge for my suitcase, many choices of beverage and snack (and as many as I want!), and reasonable ticket prices.  Even the seats were comfortable.

Landed in Long Beach - not a big airport, but close to Orange County.  Had reserved an "econo-box" car with Alamo.  Being a small airport and small rental car lot, they didn't have an economy car available, he said it would be 15-30 minutes before one came in.  Well, I barely had time to sit down and he called my name.  I ended up with a Dodge Charger - not exactly an 'econo-box'.

Quickly made my way to Anaheim, left the car at the hotel, and walked to the DLR.  It was a nice cool day, and the crowds weren't too bad for July.  Stopped at the Annual Passholder office to exchange my 2 APs for the new Premier Passport.  They even gave me an extra 2 weeks on my expiration date. 

Had a 2:30 reservation at Blue Bayou, and checked in early to request a table near the water.  They said it would add about 30 minutes to the wait - no big deal, that is what I expect.  Sat down, starting to look at my phone, and a man emerged from the dark calling my name.  Table was ready in less than 5 minutes!  Had a wonderful lunch with a very attentive staff (side benefit of eating alone).

Spent the rest of the day wandering between the two parks checking out all the changes since my last trip in February.  Even met some nice "disney on-line community" folks in the lobby of the Grand Californian. 

The only downside to the day was the hotel - I went cheap, and that's what I got.   But, you know me . . . I'll have forgotten it by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment