Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The crickets are coming!

Yes, the temperature finally warmed enough that the cricket supplier in Georgia could ship my box of 500 crickets. 

In preparation, I bought a 50 qt. rubbermaid container, and have collected egg cartons and toilet paper rolls from around the house and garbage.  These are good as it gives all the crickets a place to stand, instead of standing on each other. 

This morning I found the soldering iron in the garage and used it to melt a bunch of small holes in the lid of the container.  The crickets will be safely contained, but won't sufficate.  I already had cricket food and 'cricket water'.  You shouldn't give them real water, as they will drown.  Cricket water is a gel that satisfies their needs, without risk of drowning. 

I guess I'm ready for the crickets to arrive, and Hiss will have a feast tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment