Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hiss - 3 week update

Well, it's been 3 weeks since Hiss moved in.  I've increased his food portions, and he's certainly accepted the increase!   Here are 'first day' and '3 week' pictures.  See that gut?!?  His back legs are getting thicker/stronger, and his tail is thicker and longer.


Sir Hiss - December 18, 2010

Sir Hiss - January 8, 2011

We continue to bond.  I gave him a bath this morning to get rid of the rest of the shed skin.  He didn't try to leave after only a few minutes like he has been.   Speaking of 'the shed', I expected to see big sheets of skin ... but it was like his skin exploded!  I came home one night and there were bits of shed skin everywhere!   The picture below shows all the skin bits in the background. 

Hiss, with his shed skin all over the carpet
He continues to enjoy kale, along with his crickets and mealworms.  Tomorrow I'm going to try baby peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment