Friday, September 17, 2010

Finally Friday!

What's my favorite day of the week?  That would be 'every other Friday'.   Yep, not every Friday - every other. 

I work an 8x9 schedule, which means every other Friday is a day off.   Today is my day off ... and it's my favorite day!

I'm not sure what makes it better than Saturdays and Sunday, but it is.  Maybe it's that I'm the only one home.  I get up early (my usual 4:30), watch a couple of DVR'd shows while working on my cross-stitch, then off to the gym.  As soon as I get home, my dog reminds me that it's his turn for a walk.   :)

I also use this off-Friday to run errands - my own personal errands.  Today was shoe shopping, picking up a new design pack at the Bernina shop, PetsMart (for my dog), and then home.  How do I spend my afternoon?  I hang out in my 'cave'.  I work on whatever sewing project is at hand, I play video games, I lay on the floor with my dog.  Pretty much I do whatever I want - I guess that's what makes it my favorite day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment