Monday, September 27, 2010

Random Stuff Monday

No movie reviews this week, as I was in California all weekend.   Instead, I'll share some random sightings/encounters/eavesdropping.

Sitting at the Grand Californian resort, waiting for the shuttle to the airport.  Couple pulls up and husband gets out to talk to the Valet.  Suddenly wife shreaks and says "honey, you're not gonna believe this, I left my purse at the restaurant!".  Turns out, they stopped in Santa Barbara for lunch - 120 miles away!   Well, needless to say the next 10-15 minutes made for interesting human behavior observation.

Women in jeans rolled up to mid-calf with a cuff.  This seems to be a growing trend - saw a lot of it this weekend.  I guess this is replacing the capri?  or maybe it's a seasonal thing?

Tattoos - they are everywhere, literally.  I've seen tattoo shops in the nicer hotels in Las Vegas, and people are putting tattoos in more body locations than ever.  They seem very random, like 'oh, here's a blank piece of skin in the middle of my thigh, let's put it there!'  I have a tattoo, had it for many years, so I'm pretty accepting.  I just don't get the randomness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment