Monday, September 13, 2010

Movie Review Monday

this week I'll start using a scale to rate my movies - Junior Mints! 

1 junior mint = total crap, don't bother
5 junior mint = great movie, loved it


Moon: This is the story of a man who has a three year contract to work for Lunar Industries. For the contract's entire duration, he is the sole employee based at their lunar station. His primary job responsibility is to harvest and periodically rocket back to Earth supplies of helium-3, the current clean and abundant fuel used on Earth. There is no direct communication link available between the lunar station and Earth, so his only direct real-time interaction is with GERTY, the intelligent computer whose function is to attend to his day to day needs.

I can’t say much more beyond this description, because it will give away key plot points. But, let’s just say that the man – because of certain events – begins to question first his sanity, then identity, and then the support of GERTY and the company.

Bottom line – I really enjoyed the film. The story is intriguing with twists and turns along the way that kept my interest. Sam Rockwell is the primary actor in this movie. I’ve heard of him, but can’t recall what else he’s been in.

I give this 4 Junior Mints on my scale of 5.



The Green Zone: Following the invasion of Iraq in 2003, CWO Roy Miller and his men are charged with finding the so-called weapons of mass destruction, whose existence justified American involvement. This is a political war drama that is a bit too opinionated for me. Doesn’t matter which side of the coin that opinion is on, I don’t like big blatant message films. When I watch a movie, I want to be entertained. My husband enjoyed this one, but then he can sit and watch FoxNews for hours on end. So, if you like controversy over the American involvement in Iraq, you’ll probably like this.

My vote – 2 Junior Mints.

No comments:

Post a Comment