Monday, September 6, 2010

Movie Review Monday

Didn't realize it was Monday ... gotta love these 3 day weekends!  

As I do most weekends, I watched 2 very different movies.

Clash of the Titans - this film got some bad press for its crappy 3D conversion.  Watching it on the home TV eliminates that issue, but there were others for me.  Story was slow to start out, and the main character - Perseus - hardly spoke.  He is supposed to be the hero, but he was just dull.  After 30 minutes, I found my mind wandering.  The special effects, storyline, you name it - none of it held my attention.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - my office mate recommended this film.  She'd read the book, then saw this Swedish film and liked it.  It is subtitled, which I don't normally enjoy, but I was able to make it work.  Before I say anything else about it, I want to quote IMDB:
'Rated R for disturbing violent content including rape, grisly images, sexual material, nudity and language'
Yea, it had all of that.  There were some very uncomfortable scenes in this film.  Most violence doesn't bother me, but the sexual violence made me want to look away.   That being said, I did like the movie.  I thought the mystery and intrigue were very well written, and it kept my interest.  The young woman who played Lizbeth was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment