Monday, September 20, 2010

Movie Review Monday

Once again, I have 2 movie reviews.

Prince of Persia, the Sands of Time:  While it wasn't the blockbuster we all hoped it would be, it was a pretty good movie.  I thought Jake Gyllenhaal did a good job in a physically demanding role.  The storyline and dialogue could have been better, but I enjoyed all of the characters, including Ben Kingsley's.  The actions sequences were very well done, as were most of the special effects.   3-1/2 Junior Mints

Hot Tub Time Machine:  Okay, I'd like my 2 hours back please.  The plot was ridiculous, and some of the characters were very annoying ... to the point that I almost turned it off at 15 minutes in.  The crude language was too much even for me.  I could have cared less about any of the characters, including the cameo appearance by Chevy Chase.  I normally like most anything that John Cusack is in, but this was just embarassing.   1 Junior Mint

No comments:

Post a Comment